Javed Akhtar and me give each other enough space: Shabana Azmi
Mumbai: Industry veteran Shabana Azmi and her lyricist-husband Javed Akhtar don`t get much time to spend together owing to their busy schedules but the actress is grateful for their relationship.
"Javed saab writes all these romantic poems and people really come to me saying you are so lucky. And then I tell them that he doesn`t have a single romantic bone in his body. And when they ask Javed saab about it he says, "listen when you are working in a circus, and you are a trapeze artist would you hang upside down in your own bed ?," Shabana said in an interview here.
"We really respect each other. We give each other enough space too. Its truly a relationship which I am very grateful for," she added.
She also reveals the two are very busy with their work most of the time and sometimes bump into each other at airports.
Ask her if she has picked up any learnings from the successful marriage of her parents, she says, "I have seen very successful marriage there. They were very good partners. They also were very respectful of each other. My dad has had an influence on both my brother and me."
She would be seen next in the Indian adaptation of hit American show `24`. It was purely due to her friendship with Anil Kapoor that she agreed to be part of this show.
"Anil Kapoor and his wife have been dear friends for more than 30 years and we really are like family. I associate quality with Anil, I was very sure the Indian version of the show `24` will be of certain standard," she said.
In this show, Shabana will be seen sporting short hair, wearing trousers with long kurtas. She plays the role of Abhilasha Grewal, head of the Anti-Terrorist Unit.
"She is no nonsense kind of a person. It was a character I hadn`t played in film or theater so I thought it would be interesting thing to do. Its just a cameo, only nine days of work I had to do."
The senior actress feels `24` is different from the
regular shows happening on television.
"The show already has a ready made audience that has watched `24` and has certain expectations from it. From the look and the promos of the show one can see quality work, people will like it. I feel when any good product becomes successful then it is sets a benchmark for all the other shows that come," she said.
She reveals she has been offered lots of talk shows in the past on television but was not able to do it because of lack of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Ahsaan Qureshi in talks for 'Tu Mera Hero'?
- Azharuddin trains Emraan for biopic 'Azhar'
- Still in discussion: Ekta Kapoor on female lead of 'Azhar'
- 'PK', joint productions create Bollywood buzz in China
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Neha Sharma to romance John Abraham in 'Hera Pheri 3'
- I was called silly for doing 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast to rock 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'
- Shah Rukh Khan discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record with 20.1m views in 1day
- Paul McCartney pens new songs for film adaptation of his book
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' breaks Vevo record
- 'Love birds' Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris plan to write song together
- Zayn Malik's fiancee feels 'naked' sans ring
- How 'Zaroori tha' became vital for 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'?
- Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris plan to write song together
- Sawyer Fredericks wins 'The Voice' season 8
- Jazz musician Bob Belden dies
- Florence + the Machine's rousing new song 'Delilah' released
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'