Kate Winslet finally opens up on divorce with Sam Mendes
London: Titanic star Kate Winslet recently opened up on her decision to divorce husband Sam Mendes.
The actress, who is going to turn 36, said that divorce proceedings began while she was filming her Emmy award-winning role as Mildred Pierce – who also parts from her husband.
“One thing I will say about me and Sam is that it``s fine, it``s really fine,” she said. ``We``re grown-ups at the end of the day, and however hard it``s been for me, it``s been equally hard for him,” the Daily Mail quoted her telling Harper``s Bazaar magazine.
Her initial reaction following the break-up was to bottle up her feelings – before a close friend encouraged her to let out her emotions.
“As a woman, especially when you have children, one gets so good at soldiering on – almost too good. Because you know what it’s like – as soon as you open that can of worms, it’s so f***ing big, you wish you’d never taken the goddamn lid off, she said.
“There`s no way that I`m going to allow my children to be f***ed up because my marriages haven``t worked out,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'