Katy Perry had suicidal thoughts after split from Russell Brand
Los Angeles: Pop star Katy Perry has revealed that she questioned whether she could continue living after the end of her marriage to Russell Brand.
The `Roar` hitmaker split from the British comedian in December 2011 after 14 months of marriage.
The 28-year-old singer, who is now dating John Mayer, has opened up about the split in the tracks `Ghost` and `By The Grace of God` on her upcoming album `Prism`, reported Us magazine.
"That song is evident of how tough it really was at a certain point. I asked myself, `Do I want to endure? Should I continue living?` All the songs are real-life moments.
"I can only write autobiographically. I put all the evidence in the music. I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs," Perry said.
The beauty, whose new album will be released on October 18, recently sold the USD 6.5 million West Hollywood, California, marital home she shared with Brand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Tusshar Kapoor shares son Laksshya's throwback video and it's adorable enough to melt your heart!