Katy Perry had suicidal thoughts after split from Russell Brand
Los Angeles: Pop star Katy Perry has revealed that she questioned whether she could continue living after the end of her marriage to Russell Brand.
The `Roar` hitmaker split from the British comedian in December 2011 after 14 months of marriage.
The 28-year-old singer, who is now dating John Mayer, has opened up about the split in the tracks `Ghost` and `By The Grace of God` on her upcoming album `Prism`, reported Us magazine.
"That song is evident of how tough it really was at a certain point. I asked myself, `Do I want to endure? Should I continue living?` All the songs are real-life moments.
"I can only write autobiographically. I put all the evidence in the music. I tell my fans if they want to know the real truth about stuff, just listen to the songs," Perry said.
The beauty, whose new album will be released on October 18, recently sold the USD 6.5 million West Hollywood, California, marital home she shared with Brand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!