Keira Knightley never wanted to get married
London: Keira Knightley has revealed that she grew up in a family that believed marriage was pointless.
The `Begin Again` actress, who walked down the aisle with `The Klaxons` keyboardist James Righton in an intimate ceremony in the south of France last year, said she had never dreamed of tying the knot when she was growing up, reportedly.
Asked whether it was always part of her plan, she replied, "Never! My parents are deeply happy. They got married because it was the only way they could get a mortgage. I grew up with them going, `Don`t know why you`d ever get married.` And then we did. But it`s been fun."
Knightley, 29, is even hoping that she can join her husband and his band on their tour bus this summer.
"I don`t actually know what festivals he`s doing. I should know that! I might jump on the bus, if they get the bus. I love the tour bus!," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours
- I don't take link up rumours seriously, says Athiya Shetty
- Kapil Sharma opens up about girlfriend Ginni Chatrath, marriage