Lady Gaga supports LGBT community
Los Angeles: Pop star Lady Gaga gave a speech and participated in Gay Pride kick-off rally to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
The 27-year-old took to the stage, here, Friday.
"I`m here tonight to honour my heroes and luckily I have many to look up to - and many to look at tonight. We want nothing less than every other American," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Gaga as saying.
"We are not a niche, we are part - a big giant part - of humanity. We are the continuum. We are ongoing. We continue the spirit of the first official Gay rally in 1970 in New York, one year after Stonewall," she said.
"And although this weekend is a time for victory, I am a citizen of New York and I demand the right to safe streets; the violence that has taken place against LGBTs is unacceptable, here and anywhere. Enough is enough," she added.
Gaga also said that her past experiences of being bullied had made her all the more determined to set an example to struggling teens.
"I wasn`t naturally thin like most of my female classmates. My Italian heritage showed its stronghold in my nose and I found it very, very hard during this time to maintain any healthy friendships and healthy sense of self," she said.
"I`m here for the youth and to be a visible figure for them, to help them become the best individuals they can, with no limits on their potential, their future," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' to cross Rs 50 crore mark today!
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Rukmini- devoted wife of Sri Krishna and incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?