Marriage doesn’t need sex, says Dame Helen Mirren
London: Dame Helen Mirren believes sex is overrated, at least when it comes to marriage.
The 67-year-old claims that it is possible to be married, in love, and yet have no sex at all.
“I don’t know why people have this idea that all marriages have to have sex because really, they don’t,” the Daily Mail quoted her as telling Australian Women’``s Weekly.
This declaration comes from the woman who has oozed sex in movies and on TV – and who has even posed topless for a photoshoot in her 60s, reclining in a bath to promote her 2010 movie ‘Love Ranch,’ about a married couple who open the first legal brothel in Nevada, USA.
At the time, she said she loved the idea of shocking people.
“There are other types of glue that hold people together,” she said.
Mirren has been married since 1997 to American director Taylor Hackford.
The magazine claimed she was not speaking about her marriage but of the 54-year union between Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma.
Mirren plays Alma in the upcoming film, Hitchcock, which suggests that the master of suspense and his wife were no longer intimate because they slept in single beds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!