Marriage is a commitment but it should be fun too, says Roger Moore
London: Sir Roger Moore, who is the longest-serving and most prolific ‘James Bond’ star, has reflected on his life as the iconic spy in a revealing new book ‘Bond On Bond’.
In the book the 85-year-old, who wrote his best-selling autobiography ‘My Word Is My Bond’ four years ago, reveals what he wishes he had known at the age of 18.
“I am now happily married to the love of my life, Kristina. But this is my fourth marriage - I was married to my first wife at 19,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“So it’s taken a long time to learn one simple fact, which is I wish I’d known what marriage meant when I was 18.
“Was I too young to get married at 19? Maybe.
“Marriage is a commitment and a lot of us forget how much of a commitment it is.
“It should also be a commitment that is a pleasure. How I wish I could have known that!
“Kristina has brought so much to my life during the best part of the 20 years we’ve been together, proving to me that a successful marriage is possible.
“I would not have written my books, which I had always sworn against, without her inspiration,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Wolverine', Adnan Sami spend candid time together! Pics inside
- Birthday special: These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!
- Anupam Kher shares his 'Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' experience! Watch video
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?