Marriage to Katy Perry was a drag: Russell Brand
London: Funnyman Russell Brand says his marriage to ex-wife Katy Perry was shaky right from the beginning.
Brand, 37, had a lavish wedding in India and the TV presenter split from the pop star in December 2011 after 14 months of marriage, reported Sun online.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I`d even got off the elephant. It was a drag, man. Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. It is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant, ends in a newspaper," Brand said on a radio interview.
Brand was with Noel Gallagher to promote the Teenage Cancer Trust gigs which the rocker is curating.
Gallagher said Brand had once turned up at his London home on Valentine`s Day, carrying flowers for his wife Sara MacDonald, but was mocked by his sons Donovan and Sonny.
"About seven seconds after Russell walked through the door, Donovan insulted his footwear. I got very proud of that. `He said, `Why are you wearing ladies` shoes?`," Gallagher added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH
- Rajkummar Rao's 'Trapped' trailer will give you chills – Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ motion poster will make your jaw drop! WATCH
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’: CBFC refuses certificate; director vows to fight back
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Tusshar Kapoor shares son Laksshya's throwback video and it's adorable enough to melt your heart!