Melanie Griffith, husband had marital issues for long
New York: Actress Melanie Griffith and estranged husband Antonio Banderas, who recently announced their split, reportedly have had marital issues for a long time.
The couple reportedly filed for divorce on June 7 but it is believed that the marriage had been on the rocks for a while.
"Melanie and Antonio have had issues for a long time. They used to be so affectionate with each other, but more recently they`ve been drifting apart," a source said.
Griffith, 56, who got married to Banderas, 53 in 1996 apparently worked a lot on her marriage for the sake of their 17-year-old daughter Stella.
"There`s been an arrangement in their marriage, for some time, to stay together despite their problems, because of the children and his (Antonio`s) Catholic religious beliefs. They have worked hard to keep this split as amicable as possible," a source said.
The `Working Girl` star cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the couple`s split. She is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of Stella, as well as spousal support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mouni Roy, Sanjeeda Sheikh's crazy 'Afghan Jalebi' act will make your day!
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- Jennifer Aniston to raise awareness about eye care
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- Kendall Jenner causes 'ruckus' in new neighbourhood