Melanie Griffith, husband had marital issues for long
New York: Actress Melanie Griffith and estranged husband Antonio Banderas, who recently announced their split, reportedly have had marital issues for a long time.
The couple reportedly filed for divorce on June 7 but it is believed that the marriage had been on the rocks for a while.
"Melanie and Antonio have had issues for a long time. They used to be so affectionate with each other, but more recently they`ve been drifting apart," a source said.
Griffith, 56, who got married to Banderas, 53 in 1996 apparently worked a lot on her marriage for the sake of their 17-year-old daughter Stella.
"There`s been an arrangement in their marriage, for some time, to stay together despite their problems, because of the children and his (Antonio`s) Catholic religious beliefs. They have worked hard to keep this split as amicable as possible," a source said.
The `Working Girl` star cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the couple`s split. She is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of Stella, as well as spousal support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher's latest gift to mother leaves her teary-eyed!
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor
- Rajinikanth cancels Sri Lanka visit following opposition from pro-Tamil outfits
- Anushka Sharma's 'Phillauri': Day two Box Office collections are out!
- New 'Justice League' trailer is out and, dayum, it's awesome! - WATCH
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours
- I don't take link up rumours seriously, says Athiya Shetty
- Kapil Sharma opens up about girlfriend Ginni Chatrath, marriage