Melanie Griffith, husband had marital issues for long
New York: Actress Melanie Griffith and estranged husband Antonio Banderas, who recently announced their split, reportedly have had marital issues for a long time.
The couple reportedly filed for divorce on June 7 but it is believed that the marriage had been on the rocks for a while.
"Melanie and Antonio have had issues for a long time. They used to be so affectionate with each other, but more recently they`ve been drifting apart," a source said.
Griffith, 56, who got married to Banderas, 53 in 1996 apparently worked a lot on her marriage for the sake of their 17-year-old daughter Stella.
"There`s been an arrangement in their marriage, for some time, to stay together despite their problems, because of the children and his (Antonio`s) Catholic religious beliefs. They have worked hard to keep this split as amicable as possible," a source said.
The `Working Girl` star cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the couple`s split. She is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of Stella, as well as spousal support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!