Melanie Griffith, husband had marital issues for long
New York: Actress Melanie Griffith and estranged husband Antonio Banderas, who recently announced their split, reportedly have had marital issues for a long time.
The couple reportedly filed for divorce on June 7 but it is believed that the marriage had been on the rocks for a while.
"Melanie and Antonio have had issues for a long time. They used to be so affectionate with each other, but more recently they`ve been drifting apart," a source said.
Griffith, 56, who got married to Banderas, 53 in 1996 apparently worked a lot on her marriage for the sake of their 17-year-old daughter Stella.
"There`s been an arrangement in their marriage, for some time, to stay together despite their problems, because of the children and his (Antonio`s) Catholic religious beliefs. They have worked hard to keep this split as amicable as possible," a source said.
The `Working Girl` star cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the couple`s split. She is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody of Stella, as well as spousal support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- Ajay Devgn in trouble? Complaint against actor over 'Shivaay' poster
- This Bollywood dancer-actor from US just bought her new pad in Mumbai
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Survey by dating app makes interesting revelations – Dear men and women, check them out here
- Web series alert! Informative stuff about sex