Mezhgan Hussainy and me are on a break, says Simon Cowell

Last Updated: Jan 22, 2012, 13:08 PM IST

London: Simon Cowell has revealed that he and his fiancee Mezhgan Hussainy are “on a break” and have not seen each other for about a month.

The ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ boss said that he had got caught up in the moment when he claimed Mezhgan was “The One” on a TV show last year.

The couple have not seen each other since just before Christmas, when they only met briefly.

“It’s quite a complicated relationship. We have had a break from each other, and we are still incredibly close,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.

“I’m vulnerable. It’s not on, it’s not off, it’s somewhere in the middle. I don’t know if I will ever get married, but I am happy,” he said.

The 51-year-old also regrets calling his fiancee “The One” on ITV1’s Piers Morgan’s ‘Life Stories’.

“I have been pretty good about not talking about my private stuff, but I got caught up in the moment,” he said.

The duo first met on the set of American Idol in 2003, where she did his make-up, and are believed to have fallen for each other in 2009 when working with ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ star Susan Boyle.

He reportedly proposed in February 2010 with a 250,000 pounds diamond ring. But by September, rumours appeared claiming the relationship was under strain.

Mezhgan has moved out of the music mogul’s LA mansion to another home he owns nearby. His ex Terri Seymour stayed there after their 2008 split. Friends call it the “girlfriends’ graveyard”.

ANI