Mom thanks God for my divorce: Katy Perry
London: Pop star Katy Perry`s mother thanks God each day for her split from Russell Brand.
The singer parted ways with Brand after 14 months of marriage. The actor filed for divorce in 2011, citing irreconcilable differences.
Perry`s parents Keith and Mary Hudson are strict pastors.
"I thank God every day for having made us all the same way and I pray for anyone who fights for freedom of speech. I`m pro-gay marriage and want equality between genders. My mom thanks God every day for my divorce.
"Growing up, I wasn`t allowed to listen to non-religious music. Madonna, my idol, was considered worse than the devil," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lindsay Lohan says she was 'racially profiled' while wearing headscarf
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui may not do Salman Khan’s ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ – Here’s why
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Tusshar Kapoor shares son Laksshya's throwback video and it's adorable enough to melt your heart!
- Aashka Goradia to marry fiancé Brent Goble this year