My life started when I met Nicole: Keith Urban
London: Country star Keith Urban believes his life started the day he met actress Nicole Kidman, who he has been married to for the past six years.
The 45-year-old singer, who has battled drink and drug addiction in the past, said the moment he crossed paths with the Oscar-winning actress at a party in 2005 his life completely turned around because it gave him a sense of purpose, reported Daily Telegraph.
"I wouldn`t say it was a life-changing moment because it was more than that. It was when my life started. That`s the only way I can describe it. Meeting Nic was that profound for me.
"Before then (meeting Nicole) I didn`t really know what I was doing. Now I know exactly what I`m doing and it all makes sense. I feel very, very fortunate that I`ve met somebody like Nic and we share the same kind of ideology," he said.
After the couple wed in 2006, Urban checked into rehab to receive treatment for alcohol abuse and he admits it was Nicole`s support that got him through and finally made him kick his habit.
"We know every part of our relationship because we`ve built it. Just the two of us. It`s beautiful. Nicole listened to her heart and did what she felt was the right thing to do.
"To see that kind of love in action is very moving and deeply inspiring, and just makes me want to be a better man," he said.
The couple have two daughters four-year-old Sunday Rose and Faith Margaret, born in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover wedding: Have you seen these latest PICTURES?
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- Priyanka Chopra wore this dress for annual correspondents' dinner hosted by Barack Obama at White House – See pic
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams