My wife has to quit acting for me: Hugh Jackman
London: Actor Hugh Jackman thinks his hugely successful career has stifled his wife`s chances of becoming an A-list actress.
The 44-year-old actor says that his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness sacrificed her career for their family and that she has too much talent not to return to the big screen, reported Daily Express.
"For me she is one of the great actors, she is incredible. We made family a priority but I?m acutely aware that when it comes to sacrifices Deb has shouldered most of those. I told her, `You`re just too good to waste that talent`. Everyone needs to see it," he said.
Jackman and Deborra-Lee, 57, married in 1996 and have two adopted children, Oscar, 12, and Ava, 7, after unsuccessful attempts at IVF. But Hugh is touched by his wife`s insistence to stay with the children.
"I run into really powerful people who say, `Congrats to you but your wife is really one of the most talented actresses.` It reminds me of the sacrifice she`s made and what she`s done for our kids," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA