My wife made me believe in love: Mark Wahlberg
London: `Broken City` star Mark Whalberg has revealed that after meeting his model wife Rhea Durham he realised that love did not have to be painful.
The 41-year-old actor, who was jailed for assault after attacking a man when he was 16, said he has hurt a lot of women in the past after one of his first relationships left him broken-hearted, reported Contactmusic.
"I was a very nice guy early on. The first time I fell in love, and when I was in jail, she denied me, she didn`t want to wait for me. I don`t want to blame her now but my heart was broken and I decided, `I`m never giving my heart to a girl anymore.`
"Everything, but not that. And I ended up hurting a lot of people along the way. It was not until I met my wife and we had our daughter that I went, Oh my God, this is happening for a reason...," he said.
The couple, who have children Ella, nine, Michael, seven, Brendan, four, and Grace, three, first met in 2001 and tied the knot in August 2009.
On being asked what made him change, he said, "It`s a process. Hearing the sound of those jail house doors closing - that was one of those moments. For me it was like, wow this is not where I want to be. This is not the direction I want to go in. I have to start to get my head in the right place."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi