New film reminded Ethan Hawke of divorce
Los Angeles: Actor Ethan Hawke re-lived the pain of his divorce from ex-wife Uma Thurman while working on his new movie ‘Before Midnight’ because, like him, his character has to say goodbye to his children at the end of a perfect summer.
The actor divorced Thurman in 2004 and they had two children.
"Anybody who`s divorced will tell you that the transition at the end of the summer, which, as a father, is the one time of year where you get to spend a lot of time with your kid, is very painful," he told Entertainment Weekly.
"You get confronted with the facts of your divorce. It`s always a very painful moment for me. So that made it into the beginning of `Before Midnight`," he added.
He is now married to Ryan Shawhughes and the couple has two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Narayani Shastri talks about her 'secret' marriage to British beau Steven Graver
- Angad Bedi is my best friend: Nora Fatehi clears link up rumours
- I don't take link up rumours seriously, says Athiya Shetty
- Kapil Sharma opens up about girlfriend Ginni Chatrath, marriage