New film reminded Ethan Hawke of divorce
Los Angeles: Actor Ethan Hawke re-lived the pain of his divorce from ex-wife Uma Thurman while working on his new movie ‘Before Midnight’ because, like him, his character has to say goodbye to his children at the end of a perfect summer.
The actor divorced Thurman in 2004 and they had two children.
"Anybody who`s divorced will tell you that the transition at the end of the summer, which, as a father, is the one time of year where you get to spend a lot of time with your kid, is very painful," he told Entertainment Weekly.
"You get confronted with the facts of your divorce. It`s always a very painful moment for me. So that made it into the beginning of `Before Midnight`," he added.
He is now married to Ryan Shawhughes and the couple has two children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it