Nick Cannon dumped Kim Kardashian for lying about `sex tape`
London: Nick Cannon has revealed that he dumped Kim Kardashian after she “lied” to him about the existence of her now-infamous sex tape.
Despite calling the reality star “one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet,” Cannon explained that he couldn’t forgive her for denying the tape existed, the Daily Mail reported.
Radio presenter Cannon, now happily married to Mariah Carey, briefly dated the socialite from September 2006 to January 2007.
Speaking on The Howard Stern Show last week he said: “This was my issue. We talked about this tape…And she told me there was no tape.”
“If she might have been honest with me I might have tried to hold her down and be like ‘That was before me’ because she is a great girl.
“She’s actually one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. But the fact that she lied and told me that there was no tape?” he said.
Kardashian made the tape while with then-boyfriend Ray J in 2003. It’s release brought her to a wide audience and directly led to her now-lucrative reality star career.
Cannon revealed that he had always suspected that Kim might have had something to do with the tape’s release.
“And I still think she might have even had a part to play with [its release],” he said.
While Kim has always claimed she was “devastated” by the release of the tape, it certainly made her a star.
It has even been alleged that her mother Kris Jenner brokered the deal, with Kim receiving a hefty advance worth between 250,000 dollars and 500,000 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ