Om Puri`s wife files domestic violence case against him
Mumbai: Nandita Puri has reportedly filed a case against her husband and actor Om Puri at a police station here alleging domestic violence.
Journalist-columnist Nandita filed the complaint at the Versova Police Station on Aug 23.
"He has been accused of domestic violence. A complaint was filed by his wife on the 23rd of August. There have been no developments since then. The actor is not in custody yet," a police official from the police station told reporters.
However, the official refused to reveal more information about the case.
An alumnus of the National School of Drama and the Film and Television Institute of India, Om Puri carved a niche for himself with films like `Aakrosh` and `Ardh Satya`. He also entertained viewers with his comic timing in `Hera Pheri`.
This is not the first time Nandita and Om Puri are facing problem. In 2009, when Nandita came out with a biography on her husband titled `Unlikely Hero: The Story Of Om Puri` highlighting some of his most private sexual incidents, it had upset the Padma Shri winner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Rangoon: Kriti Sanon talks about Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor starrer
- Never thought was good looking enough to play romantic roles: Shah Rukh Khan
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Will Oscar 2017 go all political this year?
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi