Reena is extremely important, says Aamir Khan
Mumbai: Actor Aamir Khan says that he is still in touch with his ex-wife Reena, and she is a part of the family, despite their divorce.
Aamir and Reena married in 1986 and had two children, but in 2002, they filed for divorce by mutual consent.
Even though the marriage ended, Reena is still seen at family functions.
"Reena is extremely important and is very much a part of the family and she will always be. Our relationship has undergone a change. From legal point of view we are divorced. But I think the bond that we share is not going to break with a piece of paper. There is lot of love and regard for her in my heart," Aamir said.
The couple`s elder son Junaid is assisting Raj Kumar Hirani in his coming film `PK`, in which Aamir is in the lead.
"If Junaid wishes to act he must. As of now Junaid is still figuring out what he wants to do. Once he makes up his mind and if we come across a script that will suit him, I will be more than happy to back him," Aamir said.
The actor, who is one of the most successful Bollywood stars, still has his insecurities.
"I have many insecurities in life. I am called captain caution by family members. I am constantly worrying about safety etc. My biggest insecurity is losing people I love. I have insecurity relating to work that at some point I will lose it...My creative instincts will go away completely and I will be the last one to know about it.
"Hence I take criticism seriously. When I hear something about my work I look at it again, I don`t want to take it lightly. I give it lot of value," he said.
But loss of stardom is not one of these insecurities. "No I don`t fear that...That is going to happen for sure but I don`t think or fear about it. I worry about losing people...That is my biggest fear."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!
- Jackie Chan on the sets of ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ – See PICS
- Salman Khan introduces THIS child actor after Harshaali Malhotra – See PICS
- Want to be good at dating? Here are a few tips
- Sussanne Khan tweets about former husband Hrithik Roshan
- Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput 'skulting around'! Check out pic
- Comedian Bharti Singh secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- Micromax honcho Rahul Sharma wishes 'happy anniversary' to wifey Asin Thottumkal in total Bollywood style!