Relationship comes before career: Jenna Dewan
London: Actress Jenna Dewan insists that both she and husband Channing Tatum put their marriage ahead of their careers.
The 32-year-old actress and "Magic Mike" star Tatum announced in December 2012 that they are expecting their first child together, reported Digital Spy.
Dewan opened up about becoming a parent, revealing that she and her husband are seriously considering scaling back on their film work once the baby arrives.
"Most actors and actresses are consumed by careers and getting ahead. Channing and I are ambitious, but our relationship comes first. We take everything day by day, saying, `OK, how can we make this work together?`," she said.
Dewan also admitted that it took her some time to get used to the changes in her body caused by pregnancy.
"I thought my body was going to change so quickly with pregnancy that I`d freak out. But it was really gradual.
There`s a reason women are pregnant for nine months; by the end, you`re ready to have this baby. Channing has been great.
"He takes the route of no confrontation, just support, saying things like, `Do whatever you want! What do you want to eat? I`m going to leave it up to you`."
Dewan and Tatum were married in 2009, having met three years earlier on the set of "Step Up".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss