Richard Gere, Carey Lowell split after 11 years
Los Angeles: ‘Pretty Woman’ actor Richard Gere and his wife Carey Lowell have reportedly parted ways after 11 years of marriage.
According to reports, the couple has been spending time apart for quite some time and is planning on filing for divorce, reported Aceshowbiz.
The reason cited for split is the difference in their lifestyle.
Gere, a devout Buddhist, likes privacy, while Lowell, a former model and actress, enjoys socialising with other bigwigs.
"They have a place in Bedford, NY, and he likes it because it`s quiet and he likes the solitude. She likes being in North Haven in the limelight," a source said.
Gere, 64, and Lowell, 52, married in 2002 after dating for about seven years. Their son Homer, named after the actor`s father, was born two years before they tied the knot.
"They`ll do everything possible to keep things amicable and put their child first," a friend of the couple said.
It is the second marriage for the Gere who was previously married to Cindy Crawford from 1991 to 1995.
Lowell was previously married to fashion photographer John Stember and to actor-director Griffin Dunne.
She has a 23-year-old daughter, Hannah, from her marriage to Dunne.
A representative for Gere did not comment when asked about the split report. "We are not releasing a statement nor commenting," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Angelina Jolie's father wants Brangelina to get back together for kids
- Karan Johar wishes to embrace parenthood, says he has nurturing quality!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘partner in crime’ Twinkle Khanna posts HILARIOUS video to celebrate 16 years of marriage – WATCH
- Here’s how you can regain your spouse’s attention
- Good news! Rannvijay Singha blessed with a baby girl