Ricky Martin wants legal gay wedding in Puerto Rico
London: Pop star Ricky Martin, who publicly admitted that he is a homosexual earlier this year, wishes to legally marry his boyfriend in Puerto Rico.
The `Un Dos Tres` hitmaker wants gay marriages to be legalised in his native land and is ready to wait until then to tie the knot, reported Contactmusic.
"I would get married... There are many countries around the world where same-sex marriage is a right. Not in Puerto Rico, unfortunately. And not in many states in America.
"Yes, we could go to Spain and get married. We can go to Argentina and get married. But why do we have to go somewhere else? Why can`t I do it in my country where the laws
are - you know, protecting me?
"I can go to Spain. I have many friends in Spain. And get married. And make it very beautiful and symbolic. But... I (can`t) do it in the backyard of my house. I want to have that option. I don`t want to be a second class citizen anymore. I pay my taxes. Why can`t I have that right?" said Martin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'