Rosamund upset over Anoushka Shankar wedding
London: ‘Made In Dagenham’ actress Rosamund Pike is distraught that her former boyfriend and movie director Joe Wright has secretly married Indian sitar player Anoushka Shankar.
The pain is more because Wright married the Indian after calling off his wedding with Rosamund at the last minute. Anoushka is daughter of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar and half-sister of singer Norah Jones.
Wright, 37, who made ‘Atonement’ and ‘Pride & Prejudice’, married Anoushka, 29, in London last month in the presence of family and friends. The couple is expecting their first child, dailymail.co.uk.
“Anoushka and Joe wanted a quiet affair with close family and friends,” says a friend of the couple.
“Ros was devastated when she found out as she hadn`t been told. It was quite different to the big wedding she had planned with Joe.”
“Anoushka believes a wedding is a spiritual affair. She had no interest in a media circus.”
Rosamund, 31, was due to marry Wright in September 2008 but the wedding was cancelled after she sent out invitations with the couple pictured in a hot tub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss season 10: Salman Khan blasts Swami Om; Sahil Anand evicted!
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Yash and Radhika Pandit's wedding pictures will melt your heart
- Karanvir Bohra's wifey Teejay Sidhu shares latest pic of her newborn and it's so adorable!
- Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli's latest photos will restore your faith in love!
- Bad relationship leads to poor sleep – Read more
- Here’s the secret to happy married life