Rosamund upset over Anoushka Shankar wedding
London: ‘Made In Dagenham’ actress Rosamund Pike is distraught that her former boyfriend and movie director Joe Wright has secretly married Indian sitar player Anoushka Shankar.
The pain is more because Wright married the Indian after calling off his wedding with Rosamund at the last minute. Anoushka is daughter of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar and half-sister of singer Norah Jones.
Wright, 37, who made ‘Atonement’ and ‘Pride & Prejudice’, married Anoushka, 29, in London last month in the presence of family and friends. The couple is expecting their first child, dailymail.co.uk.
“Anoushka and Joe wanted a quiet affair with close family and friends,” says a friend of the couple.
“Ros was devastated when she found out as she hadn`t been told. It was quite different to the big wedding she had planned with Joe.”
“Anoushka believes a wedding is a spiritual affair. She had no interest in a media circus.”
Rosamund, 31, was due to marry Wright in September 2008 but the wedding was cancelled after she sent out invitations with the couple pictured in a hot tub.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!