Scarlett Johansson can be controlling
London: Actress Scarlett Johansson, who recently got engaged to French journalist Romain Dauriac, admits she can be controlling in relationships.
The 28-year-old said she has been known to try and change her partner`s ways and make them comply to her every wish, reported Contactmusic.
"I think we`re all guilty of wanting to put our partner in a little box that we have for them, and thinking they should become more like us. That would make everything so much easier! You know, for them to do everything you want to do ... Something I don`t like about myself is my impatience. And I`m also slightly controlling," she said.
The actress, who was previously married to Ryan Reynolds, revealed she has learnt to compromise since her divorce and become more accepting of her partner`s character quirks.
"As you grow up, you realise you can learn through the other persona and compromise with him. We all hold our partner or our imaginary partner up to these standards, which are sort of impossible to fulfil.
"It would be much easier if the people we fell in love with behaved the way we wanted them to. But I`ve learned over time that that`s what makes life interesting... I think you have to be confident deep within yourself to have a successful marriage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan's thoughts about getting inked- Know what the actor feels
- Watch: Karan Patel, Ankita Bhargava’s wedding video will restore your faith in 'Arranged Love'
- Here’s why you need to read Arpita Khan Sharma’s response to haters
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Survey by dating app makes interesting revelations – Dear men and women, check them out here
- Web series alert! Informative stuff about sex
- New study reveals real reason behind super sex life