Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
Los Angeles: Colombian superstar Shakira and her soccer star boyfriend Gerard Pique have received a late Christmas gift after welcoming their first child.
The 35-year-old `Hips Don`t Lie` hitmaker gave birth to a son on Thursday and her elated partner took to Twitter to share the happy news, reported People magazine.
"Our son (is) already born! We are very happy! Thank you all for your messages," Pique posted.
The name of the baby boy has not yet been released.
The new mom will be quite busy next year. She will fill in the vacant spot left by Christina Aguilera in the Spring cycle of `The Voice` and is also expected to release a new album.
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig.
The singer began dating sportsman Pique in 2011 after splitting from her longtime boyfriend Antonio de la Rua.
She and Antonio split in 2011 after 11 years together, but continued their professional relationship as a business partner. Their partnership was broken when they sued each other earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Jimmy Kimmel makes Dory pancakes for daughter
- Shah Rukh Khan will melt your heart with his message for sob AbRam
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married