Vanessa Paradis doesn’t like the word ‘soulmates’
London: Johnny Depp’s partner Vanessa Paradis has said that she has a problem with the term “soulmates”.
The French singer and Depp have been together for 14 years and have two children together, but are constantly faced with unfounded rumours about cracks in their relationship. Despite this, Paradis has been wonderfully open and honest about love in a new interview.
Speaking to Stylist magazine about her new film, ‘Cafe de Flore’, she was asked whether, seeing as she’s been with one person for such a long time, she believes in soulmates.
“I have a problem with the term soulmates. It scares me a lot. It’s such a strong statement - it’s like a marriage contract,” the Mirror quoted her as telling the publication.
“I believe in love and I want to believe that it lasts forever. But I’m like everyone else, you have to take things a day at a time and you can never know what comes next. All you can do is hope and love and live.
“When you say ‘This is my soulmate’ it’s almost like saying, ‘Well, OK, we’re done here then.’ [laughs] That’s why I don’t really like to use that term, but I understand it,” she said.
She goes on to speak quite openly about love in general.
“[Love] is everything that drives us universally. What love makes us do, what love makes us feel, what we do for love - completely. Love hurts and burns,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Jimmy Kimmel makes Dory pancakes for daughter
- Shah Rukh Khan will melt your heart with his message for sob AbRam
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married