Wife turned down Denzel Washigton marriage offer twice
Los Angeles: He is one the biggest stars in Hollywood but actor Denzel Washington had to struggle hard to impress his wife who rejected his marriage proposal twice.
The two-time Oscar winner and wife Pauletta Washington recently marked their 30th wedding anniversary. The couple raises four children together, reported Access Hollywood.
"Twice! It was three times?" Washington said trying to remember their courtship days.
"It was three times," Pauletta said.
"Why was it twice... Why would I have to ask again?" Washington, 58, wondered during the red carpet premiere of ‘2 Guns’.
"Because I said no," Pauletta fired back.
"You heard it here first. She turned me down, she said no. And since it was three times, that means she turned me down twice," joked the actor.
The ‘2 Guns’ star is making his Broadway comeback with a revival of Lorraine Hansberry`s ‘A Raisin in the Sun’, which co-stars Anika Noni Rose, Sophie Okonedo and Diahann Carroll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?