World Cup changed my life: Shakira
London: Colombian pop star Shakira, who performed at this year`s FIFA World Cup closing ceremony, said the tournament changed her life as she met her husband on the 2010 closer.
The `She Wolf` singer, 37, who has an 18-month-old son Milan, with Spanish player Gerard Pique, 27, said they never would have met if she hadn`t signed up to sing the 2010 World Cup anthem `Waka Waka (Time for Africa)`, reportedly.
"I will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup. If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said.
This was Shakira`s third performance at the World Cup, as she previously sang at the closing ceremonies in South Africa in 2010 and in Germany in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- Over 600,000 offer prayers at Pashupatinath on Mahashivratri
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' controversy: Shyam Benegal finds CBFC 'ban' on films unacceptable
- It's Shahid Kapoor birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Kajol's 'anniversary' selfie with hubby Ajay Devgn is adorable!
- Bipasha Basu celebrates hubby Karan Singh Grover's 'monkey love' birthday!
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi