World Cup changed my life: Shakira
London: Colombian pop star Shakira, who performed at this year`s FIFA World Cup closing ceremony, said the tournament changed her life as she met her husband on the 2010 closer.
The `She Wolf` singer, 37, who has an 18-month-old son Milan, with Spanish player Gerard Pique, 27, said they never would have met if she hadn`t signed up to sing the 2010 World Cup anthem `Waka Waka (Time for Africa)`, reportedly.
"I will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup. If it wasn`t for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here," she said.
This was Shakira`s third performance at the World Cup, as she previously sang at the closing ceremonies in South Africa in 2010 and in Germany in 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!