Jammu and Kashmir
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Holi delicacies from around the country!
This lip smacking dish from South India is sure to add a tinge of difference this Holi!
3 ½ cups cooked rice
¾ cup sugar
2 tbsp ghee
2 sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
a few strands of saffron dissolved in 2 tbsp warm
a few drops of saffron colour
1 tsp chopped almond
1 tsp chopped pistachio
How to make:
1. Combine the rice and sugar in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. dd the rice-sugar mixture and mix well.
4. Combine the saffron-milk mixture and saffron colour in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Add this saffron mixture to the rice, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sugar melts completely, while stirring occasionally.
6. Garnished with chopped almond and pistachio and serve hot.
Happy Birthday Madhuri Dixit: 46 years of stardom!
Mother’s Day Special: Immortal mother-child songs!
Top five tips for healthy skin this summer!
Summer Special: TOP 5 colours
Blockbusters of the Century
Traits that defined the films of the 60s to 00s
Bollywood’s famous fashion trends
Beat The Heat In Style!
Copyright © Zee News Limited. All rights reserved