Holidaying on mighty seas: Best cruises from world around
If you’re shopping for a cruise vacation, a new ranking could serve as a helpful guide as it breaks down the best brands in categories like food, cabin, and onboard activities.
For their first annual editor’s choice awards, year-old cruise magazine Bon Voyage rounded up a panel of top cruise writers from publications like Travel + Leisure and Frommer’s to weigh in on the best cruise lines at sea today.
One of the top performing and recurring brands is Disney, which took the top spot in some categories like best mainstream line; best for multigenerational families; best mainstream cabins; best onboard evening entertainment and best for kids.
Looking to book a love boat? The best cruise for singles is Norwegian, while SeaDream was deemed best for couples.
The best value cruise brand on the ranking is Holland America.
Bon Voyage’s ranking isn’t far off from the results of the 2014 Cruisers’ Choice Awards released earlier this year, where Disney Fantasy took the top spot in a total of 13 categories.
Here are some of the winners from Bon Voyage:
Best Mainstream Line
Best Premium Line
Best Luxury Line
Best for Couples
3. Paul Gauguin
Best for Singles
Best for Multigenerational Families
2. Royal Caribbean
1. Holland America
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine’s Day special: Sexiest, most romantic destinations in the world
- Thailand: One of Asia’s most popular tourist destinations – Your travel guide is here
- Bali: A gorgeous Indonesian island – Here’s your travel guide
- This British Airways ad ‘fuelled by love’ will move you to tears - Watch
- Valentine’s Day special: Five exotic romantic locations to pop the question