Hotels are passé, book an igloo or a treehouse this time
An igloo in Sweden, a Sultan cave in Turkey and a treehouse in India are among the unique lodging options curated in a new online booking portal dubbed ‘Epic Accommodations,’ for intrepid travelers interested in more than just a place to lay their head.
Launched by Booking.com, the new site caters to the nine out of ten travelers polled in an international survey who expressed a desire to stay in unusual accommodations like a castle, boat or lighthouse.
The survey, conducted by parent site Booking.com, polled 39,000 travelers in the US, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, China and Japan.
Properties included in the Epic Accommodations shortlist are chosen for being “awe-inspiring, eye-opening and a memorable experience.”
Travelers destined for Turkey, for example, may want to consider bypassing conventional hotels or short-term vacation rental sites like Airbnb in favor of the Sultan Cave Suites in Cappadocia, an area best known for its lunar-like landscape and fairy chimney rock formations.
The region is also popular for its scenic hot air balloon rides at dawn.
Perched atop the Aydinli Hill in the village of Goreme, the caves` rooms are built over ancient cave dwellings: All original walls have been preserved and the decor reflects the local culture.
For winter lovers, consider staying in an igloo in Sweden. Igloo Are, located in one of the the country’s most popular ski resorts, is made of snow and ice but comes with the modern conveniences of free Wifi, electricity sockets, an on-site restaurant and a communal, outdoor hot tub.
In India, re-enact tales of the Swiss Family Robinson and stay in the luxurious Tree House Hideaway, located in central India (Bandhavgarh), where you’ll sleep with the birds on a tiger reserve. The property organizes nightly tiger safaris and every unit is air-conditioned, with modern bathrooms, full-sized beds, writing tables and chairs.
And on Easter Island, guests of Cabanas Morereva stay in individual, solar-powered pine cabins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- India’s Deepika Padukone makes it to 2016’s world`s highest-paid actress list
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Trip to Thailand is incomplete without visit to these islands!
- These stunning pictures are tempting enough to make you visit 'God's Own Country' Kerala!
- Destination spa: The latest travel trend
- Forget Switzerland, India has its own Tulip Garden: See stunning PICS
- Did you know? Goa is home to a prehistoric site- See Pics