New Delhi: Indian city of Rishikesh has got a lot to offer. By serving travellers what they actually want, this destination has emerged as one of the finest places to visit in the country. And, this is the reason why Rishikesh witnesses a rise in the number of foreign as well as domestic tourists every year.
Here, we bring to you some convincing reasons why you should visit Rishikesh at least once in a lifetime:
- Adventure sports: Be it river rafting or bungee jumping, Rishikesh is home to a lot of adventure sports. If you ever get bored by all these, then camping and trekking will surely entice you with all the thrill.
- Nature's beauty: Located in the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India, Rishikesh showcases the beauty of Ganges at its best. You will get to witness a lot of soothing sceneries as you visit the city in Uttarakhand.
- Food: Rishikesh has undoubtedly got the best food when it comes to authenticity. Be it American or continental, you will be served with the most delicious meals here. Some of its restaurants have now become the identity of this place.
- Culture: In Rishikesh, the culture and the social behaviour changes drastically. It isn't the same what you have witnessed in most of the India. People of all across the globe bring their culture here with themselves. Hence, making Rishikesh one of the most vibrant Indian cities. It is loved by tourists of all age groups.
- Spiritual touch: Also known as the pilgrimage town, Rishikesh is said to be one of the holiest places in India. Its spiritual touch has made it a meat- and alcohol-free city.