What would Brett Lee`s do if he had 24 hours in Melbourne?
A morning walk around Melbourne
While this multicultural city starts buzzing with activity as early as 7 am with people heading to work, jogging, cycling, walking their dogs and sounds of trams on tracks, on weekends it`s a quiet affair. During spring or summer, birds like sparrows and eastern spinebills will call out to you. Melbourne is a place where you can surround yourself with age-old native trees, manicured gardens and wildlife right in the middle of the city. There are interesting walking tours for chocoholics, vintage lovers, photography and history buffs and ghosts chasers too!
Then coffee and shopping at Chapel Street
Chapel Street has a mix of high-end boutiques, stores and street stalls as well as an endless supply of restaurants and cafes. So you`ll find pretty much everything here. It`s also the right place to experience Melbourne`s rich coffee culture, you`ll find cafes at every corner.
Driving down the Great Ocean Road and spending three hours at the snowfields
From Torquay, the 243-kilometre-westward stretch of the Great Ocean Road, takes you past varying landscapes of rainforests, beaches and cliffs and the perfectly crafted Twelve Apostles along the Southern Ocean. From June to October, the snowfields of Victoria promise a fun filled afternoon of skiing, snowboarding, toboggan rides and snow tubing.
Attending a sports event on one of the grounds at night
Dinner at Nobu`s
Belonging to a reputed Japanese chain of restaurants, started in 2005 in New York by chef Nobu Matsuhisa, reputed restaurateur Drew Nieporent, Oscar-winning actor Robert de Niro and producer Meir Teper, the restaurant is known for its lively party-like vibe. The one in Melbourne overlooks the Yarra River and Nobu restaurants around the world take pride in offering signature new style Japanese cuisine with classic dishes such as Yellowtail with Jalapeño and Black Cod with Miso.
Details for what you`ll find in each location provided by other sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif: Society fails to recognise marital rape as a crime; women must speak up!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Top meditation centres to visit for spiritual awakening
- Winter special: Euro trip will always be incomplete without a visit to these charming places
- Here Lord Krishna lifted Govardhan hill—This can be your travel guide to reach Giriraj Temple!
- Here’s how Instagram can help you plan a vacation
- Arunachal Pradesh seeks to become adventure tourism hotspot