Best of both worlds: Hong Kong`s Repulse Bay
They are cities that pull double duty for sun-thirsty lovers of culture: Beach cities in destinations that offer surf and sand but also have compelling stories to tell.
If you`re the type of restless vacationer looking for a destination that can reconcile world class entertainment with beach life, check out Hong Kong`s Repulse Bay Beach.
It`s a waterfront respite from the frantic pace of Hong Kong life that simulates the illusion of a tropical getaway with blue waters lapping up onto pale soft sand beaches.
The cove is walled by 1,300-foot mountains (396 meters), luxury residential apartments and draws huge crowds for offering a safe and clean beach destination.Meanwhile, a pair of 15-feet statues (5 meters) of Taoist gods Tin Hau (the Queen of Heaven) and Kwun Yum (Goddess of Mercy) stand guard over the beach as permanent residents and remind visitors that they`re still in Hong Kong.
When they`ve had their fill of vitamin D, sunbathers will also head over to The Repulse Bay, a colonial-style shopping arcade, where they`ll sip on tea at the Pacific Coffee Company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- Visit NH44 to gorge on some flavoursome dishes from Kashmir to Kanyakumari
- Goa – best known for its beaches – will tap rivers to attract tourists
- This Bollywood couple will endorse Andhra tourism
- Travellers, bloggers get together to popularise the unexplored 'Incredible India'
- 63rd National film awards: Gujarat named Most Film-Friendly State