Bird festival in Dehradun next Feb
Rishikesh: Bird lovers in Uttarakhand are in for a treat when a festival showcasing hundreds of bird species found in the hill state gets underway in Dehradun in February next.
Named ‘Pakshi Utsav’, the event will be held at Assan Barrage between February 7 and 9, Chief Conservator of Forest (Eco Tourism) Rajiv Bhartari said.
The festival will showcase about 600 bird species found in the hill state, he said.
Uttarakhand is home to 50 per cent of a total of 1200 bird species in the entire country, Bhartari said.
Apart from offering people a chance to watch a wide variety of birds, the event will hold a workshop on scientific and technical aspects of avian conservation, he said.
Deliberations will also be held at the festival on how to develop bird tourism as a means of livelihood for people of the state, the forest official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni
- Hundreds take dip in Himachal rivers on Makar Sankranti
- Over a million take holy dip at Ganga Sagar on Makar Sankranti
- Thousands throng Jagannath temple on New Year!
- Shah Rukh Khan goes gaga over Dubai, invites fans to be his guest
- Katrina Kaif flaunts traveller side, her latest pic will fill your day with wanderlust