China city offers three-day visa-free visit
Beijing: A Chinese city is offering a visa-free visit for nationals from 51 countries. The travellers, however, must hold a valid passport, third country visas and have plane tickets leaving for a third country or region within 72 hours.
Southwest China`s Chongqing municipality will start offering the 72-hour visa-free stays from 51 countries Dec 30, the China Daily reported Friday.
Travellers, however, would be fined up to 10,000 yuan (about $1,650) or detained for up to 15 days for illegal residence in case they overstayed the stipulated 72 hours or visit places other than Chongqing.
The day of arrival in Chongqing would not be included in the 72-hour time limit, the bureau added.
It also said the Jiangbei International Airport in Chongqing city will apply the visa-free policy to passengers. Foreigners granted visa-free stays can only go around the administrative districts of Chongqing.
Chongqing is a major city in southwest China and one of the country`s five national central cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!