Ecotourism destinations of tomorrow
When it comes to environmentally friendly tourism, certain locales come to mind immediately. Vietnam, Kenya, Cameroon... the classics. But as the ecotourism movement gains momentum, additional destinations are joining the roster. Here is a roundup of a few of the rising stars of the ecotourism scene.
Notwithstanding its reputation for opulence and excess, the emirate was recommended by National Geographic as an emerging ecotourism destination. Visitors interested in sustainable tourism can head to Dubai`s nature reserve or take a day trip into the desert with indigenous guides.
A growing number of ecotourists are heading to this state in southwest India to take in its dozens of national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, biosphere reserves and other protected areas. "God`s own country" is the slogan of this region, which is investing in responsible tourism as a sustainable and responsible form of economic development.
In this South Asian nation, respect for local customs and for nature has been established by the government as a matter of national importance. The majority of ecotourism opportunities in Bhutan fall within the luxury travel category and are targeted at high-end clients. And for good reason: each visitor must pay a daily tax of $250, which goes directly towards the preservation of the landlocked country, which is located between India and China, to the east of the Himalayas.
Little by little, the country is opening up to international tourism, offering exceptional opportunities for environmentally conscious tourists looking to interact with local populations. On a hike departing from Kengtung, within the famed Golden Triangle, tourists can come into contact with villagers from the Palaung, Akha, Lahu, Lisu and Khun tribes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- This tourist handbook will come in handy for Indians travelling to Russia
- Ah, it's a World Heritage site! Check out which Indian places made it to the list
- Which social media channel is more popular among Indian travellers – Check out
- Iceland is world's 'safest' vacation spot – Here’s why
- Know what Delhi people desire the most when it comes to vacations