France voted best place to emigrate
London: France has topped the poll of the best place to emigrate .
In a poll by the Overseas Guide Company (OGC), the city was followed by former favourite, Spain, then Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Portugal, while Australia and New Zealand have sunk again.
The survey suggested that people wanted to be closer to home and family, even though they are emigrating.
The OGC which bases its predictions on requests for information found that 33 percent of all the enquiries were for France, the Daily Express reported.
One major change, however, is that the euro has weakened considerably in the past two months as a result of interest rate announcements.
Richard Way, editor at OCG said that getting a mortgage in France has never been cheaper.
Way added the ski property markets in France and Switzerland have outperformed other holiday home markets in the eurozone - thanks to limited supply, a very lifestyledriven target audience and strong international appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Hrithik Roshan's intense 'Kaabil' POSTER will leave you intrigued!
- Ranbir Kapoor kickstarts 'Dragon' with a party!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic? Check out what the duo said
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Katrina Kaif flaunts traveller side, her latest pic will fill your day with wanderlust
- Indians are most adventurous travellers! These are the places they love visiting
- Bengal tourism: Government to announce new home stay, heritage tourism policy
- Mumbai ranked among world’s top trending destinations for 2017 – Here’s why
- Dear Indian tourists, Switzerland launches winter, summer campaigns
- Jayalalithaa's health condition remains very critical; normal life unaffected in Tamil Nadu, prayers for Amma's recovery
- UP: Minor girl raped-murdered in Muzaffarnagar; accused arrested, booked under POCSO
- Jayalalithaa's health: Centre assures assistance to Tamil Nadu, dispatches team of AIIMS specialists