France voted best place to emigrate
London: France has topped the poll of the best place to emigrate .
In a poll by the Overseas Guide Company (OGC), the city was followed by former favourite, Spain, then Greece, Cyprus, Italy and Portugal, while Australia and New Zealand have sunk again.
The survey suggested that people wanted to be closer to home and family, even though they are emigrating.
The OGC which bases its predictions on requests for information found that 33 percent of all the enquiries were for France, the Daily Express reported.
One major change, however, is that the euro has weakened considerably in the past two months as a result of interest rate announcements.
Richard Way, editor at OCG said that getting a mortgage in France has never been cheaper.
Way added the ski property markets in France and Switzerland have outperformed other holiday home markets in the eurozone - thanks to limited supply, a very lifestyledriven target audience and strong international appeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Sidharth Malhotra extends his obsession for pets
- Hundreds take dip in Himachal rivers on Makar Sankranti
- Over a million take holy dip at Ganga Sagar on Makar Sankranti
- Thousands throng Jagannath temple on New Year!
- Shah Rukh Khan goes gaga over Dubai, invites fans to be his guest
- Katrina Kaif flaunts traveller side, her latest pic will fill your day with wanderlust