Goa says no to Sachin, Deepika and Kareena
Panaji: Sachin Tendulkar, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, all queued up to become brand ambassadors for Goa but the state does not need any star power to promote itself, Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told reporters here Wednesday.
Parulekar said Goa was already a celebrity in its own right and there was no need to hunt for brand ambassadors for publicity.
"We have received proposals from marketing agencies that represent actress Deepika Padukone, Sachin Tendulkar or Kareena Kapoor and her husband Saif (Ali Khan), to sign them up as Brand Ambassadors for Goa," Parulekar said.
But he said the state government was not keen on roping in any celebrity as a brand ambassador to promote Goa.
"Our image is such that any tourist will choose Goa over other destinations," Parulekar said.
Goa had experimented with hiring brand ambassadors for the tourist destination when they roped in starlet Prachi Desai as brand ambassador a couple of years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Indians best at online travel bookings – Here’s why
- Middle East's largest theme park to open this October
- This tourist handbook will come in handy for Indians travelling to Russia
- Ah, it's a World Heritage site! Check out which Indian places made it to the list
- Which social media channel is more popular among Indian travellers – Check out