Goa says no to Sachin, Deepika and Kareena
Panaji: Sachin Tendulkar, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, all queued up to become brand ambassadors for Goa but the state does not need any star power to promote itself, Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar told reporters here Wednesday.
Parulekar said Goa was already a celebrity in its own right and there was no need to hunt for brand ambassadors for publicity.
"We have received proposals from marketing agencies that represent actress Deepika Padukone, Sachin Tendulkar or Kareena Kapoor and her husband Saif (Ali Khan), to sign them up as Brand Ambassadors for Goa," Parulekar said.
But he said the state government was not keen on roping in any celebrity as a brand ambassador to promote Goa.
"Our image is such that any tourist will choose Goa over other destinations," Parulekar said.
Goa had experimented with hiring brand ambassadors for the tourist destination when they roped in starlet Prachi Desai as brand ambassador a couple of years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Want to spend more time and less money during vacations? Check out these handy tips
- Goa all set to woo tourists again with hot air balloon rides
- Religious tourism circuit being considered by Karnataka government
- Do Indian travellers tip at hotel? Here’s an answer
- Salman Khan recreates 'Dabangg' magic for Bollywood Parks in Dubai