Goa tourism dept supports `Sunburn` festival
Panaji: Even as Goa`s popular `Sunburn` festival is poised for a change in venue from Candolim to some other beach, the state tourism department has backed the event as a driver for tourism promotion and revenue generation.
The annual festival is facing problems related to its venue because it causes traffic congestion at Candolim beach, 9 kms away from Panaji in North Goa. The locals have also complained about the chaos created during the musical extravaganza.
During the event, an estimated 30,000 people throng the venue every day.
The festival organisers will have to scout for alternate venue due to traffic and other issues at Candolim beach, state tourism minister Dilip Parulekar said.
"The ministry will not allow the festival at Candolim beach. But, we want the festival for sure as it attracts more tourists and helps state generate revenue," Parulekar said.
`Sunburn Goa` will be held from December 27 to 29.
Though the music festival is facing a tough time in its conceived state, there are no hitches in the newer places where it has expanded since the last two years.
Shailendra Singh, joint managing director of Percept Private Limited which organises the event, told PTI that the festival will be held in Goa in a manner the state tourism department feels appropriate.
"We will follow code of conduct as `Sunburn Goa` is an event of Goa, by Goa and for Goa," he said.
Percept Private Limited began the EDM (electronic dance and music) festival in the beach state in 2007.
`Sunburn Noida` will be held on October 6, `Sunburn Mumbai` on November 15-16 and for the first time, the South Indian city of Bangalore will have the festival on November 16-17, Singh said.
"The festivals at Noida, Bangalore and Mumbai will be at par with Goa," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want to imbibe Anil's passion, dedication for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- Lara Dutta surprise package in 'Singh Is Bliing': Prabhudheva
- 'Sicario' to release in India in September
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Courtney Stodden's mother resigns as her manager
- Macau casinos seek resort cure for China gambling hangover
- London receives record foreign tourists in 2014
- Domestic tourists throng Goa beaches to beat sweltering heat
- Ranjit Sagar Dam to be developed as gateway to JK's tourism:CM
- Solo travellers: Research before packing your bag
- Himachal plans to rope in Kangna Ranaut to promote tourism
- Chinese CEO takes 6400 of staff on 4-day holiday to France
- Permission for shooting movies in Kashmir Valley to be given in 7 days
- Less room at the inn: Hotels in U.S. raise rates as travel picks up
- Royal Baby: Britain turns pink to mark princess' birth
- 90 percent of Kathmandu's heritage sites damaged
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’