Now, tourists in Himachal can SMS complaints
Shimla: In a move to redress complaints of those visiting Himachal Pradesh, the state tourism department has extended an SMS facility whereby one can seek assistance by sending a message, an official said Friday.
As part of the facility, any tourist can seek help by sending a message on a designated number - 51969.
Any tourist having a grievance regarding a hotel, travel agent or tour operator, or in need of assistance can send an SMS through short code -- HP tour -- followed by details of the complaint. The sender will receive a reply through SMS, state Tourism Director Subhasish Panda told IANS.
Himachal Pradesh, known for its delicious apples, a World Heritage railway line and picture-perfect tourist spots, last year attracted 1.61 crore visitors, including 497,850 foreigners, a state tourism department report said.
At present, 2,169 hotels with a total capacity of 55,928 beds are registered with the state, it said.
Pic Courtesy: Aparna Mudi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Hundreds take dip in Himachal rivers on Makar Sankranti
- Over a million take holy dip at Ganga Sagar on Makar Sankranti
- Thousands throng Jagannath temple on New Year!
- Shah Rukh Khan goes gaga over Dubai, invites fans to be his guest
- Katrina Kaif flaunts traveller side, her latest pic will fill your day with wanderlust