Now, tourists in Himachal can SMS complaints
Shimla: In a move to redress complaints of those visiting Himachal Pradesh, the state tourism department has extended an SMS facility whereby one can seek assistance by sending a message, an official said Friday.
As part of the facility, any tourist can seek help by sending a message on a designated number - 51969.
Any tourist having a grievance regarding a hotel, travel agent or tour operator, or in need of assistance can send an SMS through short code -- HP tour -- followed by details of the complaint. The sender will receive a reply through SMS, state Tourism Director Subhasish Panda told IANS.
Himachal Pradesh, known for its delicious apples, a World Heritage railway line and picture-perfect tourist spots, last year attracted 1.61 crore visitors, including 497,850 foreigners, a state tourism department report said.
At present, 2,169 hotels with a total capacity of 55,928 beds are registered with the state, it said.
Pic Courtesy: Aparna Mudi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Vienna is Indians’ hot favourite tourist destination
- What makes Dubai an exciting place to reside in? Check out!
- Check out the 'most indispensable' travel companion for Indians
- Kashmir tops domestic destinations list; luxury travel rising among Indians: Yatra
- Here's how India celebrates 'Makar Sankranti'