Now, tourists in Himachal can SMS complaints
Shimla: In a move to redress complaints of those visiting Himachal Pradesh, the state tourism department has extended an SMS facility whereby one can seek assistance by sending a message, an official said Friday.
As part of the facility, any tourist can seek help by sending a message on a designated number - 51969.
Any tourist having a grievance regarding a hotel, travel agent or tour operator, or in need of assistance can send an SMS through short code -- HP tour -- followed by details of the complaint. The sender will receive a reply through SMS, state Tourism Director Subhasish Panda told IANS.
Himachal Pradesh, known for its delicious apples, a World Heritage railway line and picture-perfect tourist spots, last year attracted 1.61 crore visitors, including 497,850 foreigners, a state tourism department report said.
At present, 2,169 hotels with a total capacity of 55,928 beds are registered with the state, it said.
Pic Courtesy: Aparna Mudi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look who is playing Indrani Mukerjea in a film on Sheena Bora murder mystery?
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!