Thailand most preferred foreign destination for Indians
New Delhi: Thailand tops the chart as the favourite destination for Indian travellers for the second consecutive year while the most sought after Indian destination for international tourists is the national capital, said a survey.
The recent Hotel Price Index report by Hotels.com has revealed that in 2013 Bangkok topped as the Indians` favourite city apart from Pattaya and Phuket in Thailand, which are on seventh and eighth position on the list, said a statement.
Bangkok secured the number one spot in 2012 as well.
In 2013, Dubai was on number two, Singapore on third, London got the fourth spot and Hong Kong rounded up the top five.
The favourite Indian destinations among international travellers continues to be the capital followed by Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai and Jaipur.
Agra in Uttar Pradesh - known for Taj Mahal - dropped two spots down and landed on ninth position in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan did not speak to each other for almost a year – Here's why
- Priyanka Chopra injured on the sets of ‘Quantico’, says she will be ‘ok’
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Hundreds take dip in Himachal rivers on Makar Sankranti
- Over a million take holy dip at Ganga Sagar on Makar Sankranti
- Thousands throng Jagannath temple on New Year!
- Shah Rukh Khan goes gaga over Dubai, invites fans to be his guest
- Katrina Kaif flaunts traveller side, her latest pic will fill your day with wanderlust