Thailand most preferred foreign destination for Indians
New Delhi: Thailand tops the chart as the favourite destination for Indian travellers for the second consecutive year while the most sought after Indian destination for international tourists is the national capital, said a survey.
The recent Hotel Price Index report by Hotels.com has revealed that in 2013 Bangkok topped as the Indians` favourite city apart from Pattaya and Phuket in Thailand, which are on seventh and eighth position on the list, said a statement.
Bangkok secured the number one spot in 2012 as well.
In 2013, Dubai was on number two, Singapore on third, London got the fourth spot and Hong Kong rounded up the top five.
The favourite Indian destinations among international travellers continues to be the capital followed by Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai and Jaipur.
Agra in Uttar Pradesh - known for Taj Mahal - dropped two spots down and landed on ninth position in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray, Karan Johar meet Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Here's what Farhan Akhtar has to say
- Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor keen to shoot more films in Meghalaya
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Want to spend more time and less money during vacations? Check out these handy tips
- Goa all set to woo tourists again with hot air balloon rides
- Religious tourism circuit being considered by Karnataka government
- Do Indian travellers tip at hotel? Here’s an answer
- Salman Khan recreates 'Dabangg' magic for Bollywood Parks in Dubai