Thailand most preferred foreign destination for Indians
New Delhi: Thailand tops the chart as the favourite destination for Indian travellers for the second consecutive year while the most sought after Indian destination for international tourists is the national capital, said a survey.
The recent Hotel Price Index report by Hotels.com has revealed that in 2013 Bangkok topped as the Indians` favourite city apart from Pattaya and Phuket in Thailand, which are on seventh and eighth position on the list, said a statement.
Bangkok secured the number one spot in 2012 as well.
In 2013, Dubai was on number two, Singapore on third, London got the fourth spot and Hong Kong rounded up the top five.
The favourite Indian destinations among international travellers continues to be the capital followed by Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Chennai and Jaipur.
Agra in Uttar Pradesh - known for Taj Mahal - dropped two spots down and landed on ninth position in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' a world-class film: Anil Kapoor
- Every single child is unique: Priyanka Chopra
- Salman Khan to attend sister's reception in Himachal
- 'Andaaz' clocks 12 years; Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta nostalgic
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- Make your hair holiday-ready
- Bling on smartly while travelling
- Top summer vacation spots in India
- Chandigarh's Coffee House remains crowd-puller despite competition
- Must-do in New York for spring season
- Visit the magnificent Kanheri caves in Mumbai
- Five fabulous things to do in Shimla
- Top 10 flavours of Asia
- Get set go with these enthralling adventure sports!
- Top 5 forts to visit in India
- Are you set to chug down some strong beer at the Starkbierfest in Munich?
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened