The top 10 countries for expats
Looking to start a new life abroad and don’t know where to start? According to a new survey of expats around the world, the best place for reinventing yourself is Thailand.
In the sixth edition of HSBC’s Expat Explorer Survey, more than 7,000 expats ranked Thailand the top destination when it comes to quality of life as a foreigner.
In fact, five out of the top 10 destinations can be found in Asia, making the continent the most hospitable region in the world in which to relocate. Other Asian countries included Singapore, Taiwan, China and India.
Compared to the global average of 57 %, 76 % of expats living in Thailand said it was easy to make friends in their new home.
Expats living in Thailand also enjoy the best social life (59 %) compared to foreigners in other countries.
Following Thailand, 44 % of foreigners living in China said they have active social lives. That figure drops to 37 % among expats in India, 36 % in Taiwan and 29 % in Singapore. The global average was 26 %.
The survey, described as the largest of its kind, also polls respondents on their financial well-being and factors important to expat families.
Relocation spurred by the desire to make more money? Consider moving to Switzerland, China or Qatar, which expats ranked the top destinations for making money and where they noticed “an improvement in their financial status.”
When it comes to relocating to a new country with kids in tow, European destinations ranked the most attractive with Germany -- one of four countries on the continent -- voted the top destination for raising a family. Rounding out the category are Singapore, France, New Zealand and South Africa and South Africa.
Here are the top 10 destinations for the expat experience:
4. Cayman Islands
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Want to spend more time and less money during vacations? Check out these handy tips
- Goa all set to woo tourists again with hot air balloon rides
- Religious tourism circuit being considered by Karnataka government
- Do Indian travellers tip at hotel? Here’s an answer
- Salman Khan recreates 'Dabangg' magic for Bollywood Parks in Dubai