UK`s most expensive destination this summer
Think London is the most expensive city in the UK this summer? Guess again. Because according to a new survey that looked at the average price of hotel rooms across the UK, it is Edinburgh that takes that title.
Though Edinburgh is known as a student-oriented city also popular among
backpackers, this summer travelers to the Scottish capital will have to dig deep for their accommodation, as the average hotel room will set them back £97 ($150 USD), reveals the CheapRooms.co.uk report.
Edinburgh and Bath -- also a popular summer destination among both Brits and overseas travelers -- both beat out London as being the priciest cities to stay in. The English capital ranked third, averaging £92 ($141 USD) for a hotel room.
Prices reflect the average daily rate for the cheapest available double room with a minimum three-star rating between July 24 and September 1.
Travelers looking for budget-friendly destinations this summer may want to consider cities like Ayr, Cardiff and Blackpool, which emerged as the most affordable cities in the UK and Wales.
The average hotel room in Blackpool, for instance, costs £33 ($50).
Meanwhile, on TripAdvisor`s TripIndex, London ranked as the seventh most expensive travel destination in the world based on one night`s lodging, dinner, cocktails and a short taxi ride home, all of which clocked in at $451. Taking the top spot on that list was Oslo, Norway.
Here are the top 5 most expensive destinations in the UK according to CheapRooms.co.uk:
1. Edinburgh £97
2. Bath £93
3. London £92
4. St. Ives £89
5. Oxford £88
Here are the top 5 most affordable destinations in the UK this summer:
1. Blackpool £33
2. Cardiff £42
3. Ayr £45
4. Sheffield £46
5. Liverpool £46
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tomorrowland' tops North American box office
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- First Look: Striking and suave Irrfan Khan in 'Jazbaa'
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- London receives record foreign tourists in 2014
- Domestic tourists throng Goa beaches to beat sweltering heat
- Ranjit Sagar Dam to be developed as gateway to JK's tourism:CM
- Solo travellers: Research before packing your bag
- Himachal plans to rope in Kangna Ranaut to promote tourism
- Chinese CEO takes 6400 of staff on 4-day holiday to France
- Permission for shooting movies in Kashmir Valley to be given in 7 days
- Less room at the inn: Hotels in U.S. raise rates as travel picks up
- Royal Baby: Britain turns pink to mark princess' birth
- 90 percent of Kathmandu's heritage sites damaged
- Unesco team at Swayambhunath temple to prevent looting
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly