Spa on Wheels
Too busy to kick up your heels and relax? Step aboard the Spa on Wheels, which offers all the benefits of reflexology, at your doorstep or en route your next meeting.
The rain pours on relentlessly, as an unassuming blue bus rolls up, just in time for the reflexology appointment I made earlier today. Wait a second! Big blue bus? Is this the epitome of luxury? The chauffeur steps out and graciously takes my umbrella, holding the door for me as I dart into a warmly-lit space with leather-coated seats, a faint scent of lemon grass and subtle music. This is the Four Fountains Spa on Wheels, which is equipped to offer traditional Thai massages, on the move. The interiors of this former 16-seater mini-bus, turned mobile massage parlour for two, merge functionality and luxe, courtesy the stylings of Dilip Chhabria.
Soror and Solan, the Manipuri therapists, who will kneed the stress out of my feet and head in the 60-odd minutes that follow, offer me a pair of dried-grass slippers. My jeans fit a little too well to be pulled up to calf level, so I opt to change into the loose-fitting cotton pants on offer, in the washroom built into the back of the bus. This requires a bit of expertise at maneuvering in compact spaces and some amount of balancing on one foot, which may not be feasible for the more generously proportioned amongst us.
The vehicle stands still as I sink into the reclining chair and soak my feet in luke-warm water. The unmistakable scent of lemon grass grows stronger, as Soror starts to twist my feet this way and that. Just when nerves I didn`t know existed are about to scream in protest, the pressure subsides and a soothing calmness ensues.
We're moving now and it looks like I'll make my 6.00 p.m. appointment on time. Despite the ragged Mumbai roads, this is a relatively smooth ride and I lean back and relax. The 40-minute foot massage ends sooner than I hoped. A large flat screen relays a driver's seat view of the world outside... it's still pouring, and the traffic continues to crawl, but we're almost at our destination.
Soror begins to work on my head and back. My spine and shoulders almost wince in gratitude, as the tiredness drains out. A few minutes later, we arrive at the location of my next meeting, a little later than anticipated, but not late enough to be unprofessional. The chauffeur has an umbrella waiting as I step back out into the street — refreshed and ready for just about anything.
The 60-90 minute massages offered by the Four Fountains Spa on Wheels are priced between Rs.1,499 to Rs.1,999. Do note that you will be billed an additional Rs.100 per km, after the first five complimentary kilometers, and that either the pick-up or drop point must be between Colaba and Bandra. Dial 90 22 11 22 11 to relax... on the roll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- 'Indian Idol Junior' sets ball rolling with Bollywood music
- Boman Irani, Sonu Sood to share relationship secrets on Farah Khan's show
- Ahsaan Qureshi in talks for 'Tu Mera Hero'?
- Azharuddin trains Emraan for biopic 'Azhar'
- Still in discussion: Ekta Kapoor on female lead of 'Azhar'
- 'PK', joint productions create Bollywood buzz in China
- Musical fund-raising event for Nepal quake victims
- Neha Sharma to romance John Abraham in 'Hera Pheri 3'
- I was called silly for doing 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra
- 'Dil Dhadakne Do' cast to rock 'Comedy Nights With Kapil'
- Make your hair holiday-ready
- Bling on smartly while travelling
- Top summer vacation spots in India
- Chandigarh's Coffee House remains crowd-puller despite competition
- Must-do in New York for spring season
- Visit the magnificent Kanheri caves in Mumbai
- Five fabulous things to do in Shimla
- Top 10 flavours of Asia
- Get set go with these enthralling adventure sports!
- Top 5 forts to visit in India
- Are you set to chug down some strong beer at the Starkbierfest in Munich?
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly