V-Day: Fall in love with yourself with right fitness regime
London: This Valentine`s Day change the rules - love yourself and follow a healthy regime to give your body a nice makeover.
Whether you’re aiming to have perfect body or still working towards that healthier, happier new you then James Haskell`s, founder of fitness column BodyFire, tips can help you fall in love with your body, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* Swap those Valentine’s Day chocolates for vegetables - Although nutritional, vegetables are no comparison in taste to chocolate, however, if you stick to good old greens like asparagus, it can work as an aphrodisiac for both males and females.
* Work out with your partner - There are several exercises that couples can do together, not only does a bit of competition spur you on, but if you live by the saying “couples who sweat together, stay together” then you’ll come to realise exercise has a positive impact both physically and emotionally.
* Consume coconut oil - Coconut oil is one of the most versatile and healthiest oils around. The benefits are endless, if there is one thing you should add to your diet, it should be this. It’s a great saturated fat that your body needs. It is very high in Lauric Acid and Monolaurin, which help support the immune system, killing bacteria and pathogens, which makes it ideal for people suffering from any digestive complaint.
* Boost your health by adding some supplements to your diet - I would recommend taking vitamin D, as this can help with recovery. One can also take some Omega 3 (EPA) fish oils which most people are deficient. Omega 3 helps in growth and repair, as studies have shown it can be a factor in helping prevent disease.
* Make breakfast a habit - If you are one of the many that misses that first meal of the day, make this your first change and give your metabolism and immune system a kickstart each day. If time is an issue, boil a couple of eggs in the evening while making dinner, or double up and cook something to have ready when you go to work.
* Swap your alcohol for water - The health benefits are tremendous, it helps to keep your body temperature in check and protect your joints and organs by ensuring you always have a source of water nearby. However, if you really do want a drink, think about avoiding really sugary mixers or the dreaded Alchopops.