`Django Unchained` left Kerry Washington emotionally drained
Los Angeles: Actress Kerry Washington admits she was left emotionally drained after playing a slave in ‘Django Unchained’.
The 36-year-old, who starred in the movie alongside Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo Dicaprio, admits finding it extremely tough to play the role of a woman trapped in slavery.
"I feel like I barely survived `Django Unchained` emotionally. The violence. Hearing the N-word every day. It cost me a lot psychologically, but it was worth it to tell that story,” contactmusic.com quoted Washington as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss-Day 44: Rimi actively takes part in task; Priya, Kanwaljeet add spark
- 'Criminal Minds' star Kirsten Vangsness gets engaged
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Intolerance row: Police complaint against Aamir Khan; protests soar outside residence
- Gigi Hadid, Zayn Malik dating?