Aamir plans campaign against child malnutrition
New Delhi: Aamir Khan Monday met Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath to discuss his plans for a campaign against child malnutrition.
Speaking to reporters after the meeting, the actor whose recent film `Delhi Belly` has done very well commercially, said: "We are launching this campaign with the aim of reaching each and every child in the country. I will be the face of the campaign."
"There are four very important steps that we are going to cover in this campaign. Starting right from the time when the baby is in the womb of the mother, where the feeding of the mother is the most important, to the time the child`s feeding includes not only breast feeding, but also natural food," he said.
A ministry official said that Aamir met the minister along with his creative team, led by lyricist Prasoon Joshi.
"He made a presentation on his concept and how he plans to spearhead the campaign on arousing consciousness among people about ill effects of malnutrition and prevent children from the trap of malnutrition," the official said.
Aamir said: "I am an entertainer when I am acting in a film and I am a social person when I am associated with an issue like this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn fans for berserk on Twitter, thanks to Shah Rukh Khan – Know why
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall