Actresses are too thin to be healthy: Raveena
Mumbai: Raveena Tandon, who started her career with ‘Patthar Ke Phool’, says the current lot of actresses are under a lot of pressure to look slim and in the process, are compromising on their health as a result unable to withstand the rigors of the job.
"After coming to this industry, we actresses face so much pressure to look thin all the time. We are working at erratic hours...we also go through such strict diet plans, it is important to have a strong base," she said.
"These days we get to hear news of actresses fainting due to dieting or working non-stop for 24 hours or for 36 hours. But touchwood, I have never fainted in my life till now," the 37-year-old actress added at an event to announce her as the brand ambassador of Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil.
Raveena feels actresses of her generation were a lot healthier as compared to the current crop.
"I did `Patthar Ke Phool` when I was 16 and from that day onwards I have been shooting. That time people were not conscious about their looks to such an extent. We were very healthy back then. Me, Kajol, Manisha (Koirala) -- when we had come, we were strong, we looked like we belonged to healthy families," said the actress last seen in ‘Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap’.
Raveena had taken a sabbatical after her marriage to Anil Thadani in 2004 and made a comeback last year with ‘Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap’. Now she has signed a couple of projects and is currently shooting for ‘Gin Liya Aasmaan’.
She will also be seen in ‘E-dil Sambhal Zara’ and ‘Shovna Seven Nights’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall