Affectionate men can also be masculine: Hugh Jackman
London: Actor Hugh Jackman, who was groomed as a child to conceal his emotions, feels that an affectionate man can also be masculine.
The 44-year-old actor, who grew up in Australia had always believed that real men do not show their feelings. But when he came to Italy he realised that being emotional does not challenge one`s masculinity, reported Contactmusic.
"Growing up in Australia, my opinion of masculinity is that you don`t show your feelings. A real man doesn`t cry. My father is classic English - emotionally shut down - although in the past 10 years, he seems to have cried at every family reunion," Jackman said.
"The real measure of a man is to be you. It`s OK to show emotion. After traveling to Italy I`ve learnt that I prefer their way. There, men can show emotion; they can be affectionate and still be masculine," he added.
The actor is married to 57-year-old actress Deborra-Lee Furness, with whom he has two children, Oscar and Ava.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall