Alanis Morissette still nursing son
New York: Singer Alanis Morissette hasn`t stopped breastfeeding her 16-month-old son as she thinks it`s the best thing for his long-term emotional welfare.
The 37-year-old, who has son Ever Imre with rapper husband Mario Souleye Treadway, believes attachment parenting is important for a youngster`s well-being.
"I`m an attachment parent. I breastfeed and I`ll be breastfeeding until my son is finished and he weans," contactmusic.com quoted the singer as saying.
"I think it affords the child, when he grows up, to have a lot less therapy to go to. For me, I protect his safety and his well-being and his attachment. That stage of development is a very important stage."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms
- Here’s why you should not sit too much during the day